1 day course.
CPD points for all healthcare professionals.
The Human Factors - Secondary Care Course is designed for a broad range of healthcare professionals seeking individually tailored, evidenced and coherent solutions to enhance patient safety, workforce wellbeing and organisational excellence.
Delegate groups will be kept small to maximise an open exchange of ideas and allow participants to interact on an individual basis with the faculty.
1. To acquire a firm foundation in cognitive performance and explore principles and tools successfully deployed in High Reliability Organisations.
2. Appraise and tailor the development of your individual cognitive performance in a setting distinct from healthcare.
3. To recognise the limitations of resilience training as a solution to occupational stressors and develop an understanding of how the design of work systems can promote better wellbeing outcomes..
4. Develop an appreciation of how systems thinking helps us understand behaviour emergent from the component interactions within a complex 'Secondary Care' system.
5. Identify how Just Culture can be a powerful driver for professional performance unencumbered by fear of blame whilst retaining balanced accountability.
Training focuses on equipping participants with a highly personalised suite of principles and skills, which will complement their clinical competencies and elicit a deeper understanding of the ways in which it is possible to optimise system performance in highly complex organisations. The course is comprised of an innovative learning model that is structured around the needs of practising healthcare professionals.
Workshops feature highly interactive teaching and skills-development experiences in a diverse range of learning environments, delivered by industry leaders at the cutting edge of Human Factors research and thinking. Delegates will develop the ability to proactively manage risk to enhance safety, performance and human wellbeing in the clinical workplace.
Flight Simulation (Full Motion)
Small Delegate Groups
Lunch & Refreshments Included
Workshops & Seminars:
- Situational Awareness
- Decision Making
- Workload Management
- Optimising Personal Wellbeing
- Systems and Design Thinking
- Just Culture
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Responsible officers and medical appraisal leads
Clinical educators in Royal Colleges and Professional Bodies
Senior Healthcare Leaders and Managers
Strategic Decision Makers and Policy Leads
Senior leaders in Regulatory, Accreditation and Inspection Organisations
Defence Medical Service & Joint Medical Group
Foundation Year Doctors
Trust/SAS/Clinical Fellow Grade Doctors
- Higher Specialty Training
- Intensive Care Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Core Medicine
- Core Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Oral & Maxillofacial
1 Day (08:15 - 17:30)
British Airways Global Learning Academy
* Saturday, 22nd MAY 2021 * (limited places left)
* Saturday, 24th JULY 2021 *
Due to COVID-19, only a small number of courses are planned for 2021. If you would like to discuss the course further, please email us at .