2 day course.
CPD points for all healthcare professionals.
Historically, healthcare professionals rose within their organisations and specialties based almost entirely on their technical skills. Today however, the more complex nature and landscape of healthcare institutions means that leadership and management matter equally.
Trainetics' Clinical Leadership Programme is designed for those seeking to acquire and hone the non technical skills needed to prepare for, step into and develop leadership positions and to excel as heads of departments, divisions, projects and institutions.
Workshops, seminars, flight and cabin simulation at the British Airways Global Learning Academy will engage participants in highly innovative, interactive sessions designed to provide tools, frameworks and strategies for:
Building and managing highly effective teams to achieve better patient outcomes;
Refining personal leadership styles and competencies to foster next-generation clinical and academic leaders;
Developing skills to face complex workplace and organisational challenges;
Devising strategies to drive change and to turn ideas into viable, scalable solutions that add value to health care systems.
Training will be delivered by airline pilots and clinicians drawing on three decades of aviation experience and Clinical Research in Human Factors.
Delegate groups will be kept small to maximise an open exchange of ideas and allow participants to interact on an individual basis with the faculty.
1. To acquire a deeper understanding of leadership styles, consider the complexities inherent in leadership and appreciate that greater mobility between these styles can facilitate enhanced outcomes.
2. To recognise that effective leadership is task-relevant and successful leaders are highly adaptive to the challenges, objectives, team maturity and task at hand.
3. To explore the functions and dynamics of high-performance leadership, enhance your expertise in managing team dynamics and organisational complexities.
4. Develop tools and skills to enhance preparedness for, response to and learning from adverse situations, so as to maintain individual and team performance through highly effective leadership/management.
5. To appraise and tailor the development of your leadership/management skills in a setting distinct from healthcare.
6. To reflect on key aspects of the relationship between effective leadership and high performance alongside the consideration of how these can be applied, fostered and developed.
This in-depth two day programme will give participants an understanding of leadership development and how it relates to quality of care, the importance of teams, their dynamics, as well as self-awareness and the significant role of situational and emotional intelligence. Alongside this, participants will gain and refine a range of highly pertinent skills including handling conflict, influencing and resilience.
Training focuses on equipping participants with a highly personalised suite of principles and skills, which will complement their clinical competencies and elicit a deeper understanding of the ways in which it is possible to optimise leadership in highly complex organisations. The course is comprised of an innovative learning model that is structured around the needs of practising healthcare professionals.
Workshops feature highly interactive teaching and skills-development experiences in a diverse range of learning environments, delivered by industry leaders at the cutting edge of Human Factors research and thinking.
Flight Simulation (Full Motion)
Small Delegate Groups
Lunch & Refreshments Included
Workshops & Seminars:
- Leadership Styles
- Inspire Vs Drive
- Emotional Intelligence
- Setting the Tone
- Hierarchy Vs Authority Gradient
- Situational Leadership
- Transactional Analysis
- Feedback Vs Counselling
- Managing Startle
- Time Critical Communication
- Managing Grey
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All Healthcare Professionals with Leadership Roles
Senior Healthcare Leaders and Managers
Strategic Decision Makers and Policy Leads
Senior Leaders in Regulatory, Accreditation and Inspection Organisations
2 Days (08:15 - 17:30)
British Airways Global Learning Academy
* Thursday 24th to Friday 25th MARCH 2022 (SOLD OUT) *
* Thursday 24th to Friday 25th NOVEMBER 2022 (5 PLACES LEFT) *