1 day course.
CPD points for all healthcare professionals.
The Human Factors - Allied Health Course is designed for a broad range of healthcare professionals seeking individually tailored, evidenced and coherent solutions to enhance patient safety, workforce wellbeing and organisational excellence.
Delegate groups will be kept small to maximise an open exchange of ideas and allow participants to interact on an individual basis with the faculty.
1. To acquire a firm foundation in cognitive performance and explore principles and tools successfully deployed in High Reliability Organisations.
2. Appraise and tailor the development of your individual cognitive performance in a setting distinct from healthcare.
3. To recognise that the efficacy of checklist implementation may be compromised by a combination of technical and socio-adaptive elements, and that local contexts may either augment or undermine outcomes.
4. Identify how Just Culture can be a powerful driver for professional performance unencumbered by fear of blame whilst retaining balanced accountability.
Training focuses on equipping participants with a highly personalised suite of principles and skills, which will complement their professional competencies and elicit a deeper understanding of the ways in which it is possible to optimise system performance in highly complex organisations. The course is comprised of an innovative learning model that is structured around the needs of practising healthcare professionals.
Workshops feature highly interactive teaching and skills-development experiences in a diverse range of learning environments, delivered by industry leaders at the cutting edge of Human Factors research and thinking. Delegates will develop the ability to proactively manage risk to enhance safety and performance in the clinical workplace.
Small Delegate Groups
Lunch & Refreshments Included
Workshops & Seminars:
- Situational Awareness
- Decision Making
- Workload Management
- Authority Gradient & Intervention
- Checklist Design
- Just Culture
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Operating Department Practitioners
Prosthetists and Orthotists
1 Day (08:15 - 17:30)
British Airways Global Learning Academy
* Saturday, 8th MAY 2021 (SOLD OUT) *
Due to COVID-19, only a small number of courses are planned for 2021. If you would like to discuss the course further, please email us at .
Be the first to secure your 2021/22 place. Register your interest below.